IOP出版社旗下Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics（JPhysD）期刊主办的在线研讨会将聚焦磁光学，定于北京时间2022年10月13日周四19:00线上召开。来自西班牙CIC nanoGUNE研究中心的Andreas Berger博士和Paolo Vavassori博士将担任本次研讨会的主席，同时还邀请了来自瑞士苏黎世联邦理工学院的Pietro Gambardella教授、德国马克斯普朗克固体化学物理研究所的Claire Donnelly博士和德国格赖夫斯瓦尔德大学的Markus Münzenberg教授作为嘉宾共同探讨磁光学研究目前的挑战和未来的发展方向。欢迎大家免费注册参会，参与讨论！
本次在线研讨会的内容基于JPhysD期刊刚刚发布的路线图The 2022 Magneto-Optics Roadmap。本次在线研讨会将先由三位研究人员重点介绍该领域的一些前沿研究， 接下来由研究人员组成讨论小组探讨未来的研究方向以及这一领域仍存在的挑战。所有的研究人员和讨论成员都是上述路线图的作者。
Andreas Berger 博士
- Since 2007, Dr. Berger has been the Research Director of CIC nanoGUNE in San Sebastian, Spain. Dr. Berger received his PhD in 1993 from the Technical University Aachen for his work on surface magnetism. Subsequently, he worked at the University of California and Argonne National Laboratory on topics related to thin film magnetism and magneto-optics. He moved to IBM Research in 2001 and later transferred to Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, where he was responsible for work on disk storage media and complementary research.
Paolo Vavassori 博士
- Vavassori is an Ikerbasque Research Professor and co-leader of the Nanomagnetism Group at CIC nanoGUNE (San Sebastian, Spain). Dr. Vavassori has over 20 years of experience in the field of magneto-optics and magnetism at the nanoscale. The current focus of his research encompasses the study of light-matter interaction at the nanoscale, magnetoplasmonic nanostructured metamaterials for nanophotonic and sensing applications, and the physics of geometrically frustrated networks of magnetic nanostructures.
Pietro Gambardella 教授
- Prof. Gambardella graduated summa cum laude from the University of Genova, Italy, and obtained his PhD degree from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, with a thesis on the growth, electronic, and magnetic properties of metallic nanowires. He was a postdoc at the Max Planck Institut for Solid State Physics in Stuttgart, Germany, and a Research Assistant at EPFL until 2005. In 2006, he was appointed ICREA Research Professor at the Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology in Barcelona, Spain, where he led the Atomic Manipulation and Spectroscopy Group. In 2013 he moved to ETH Zurich as Full Professor of Magnetism and Interface Physics. His research interests are in the areas of magnetism, spintronics, and novel techniques to probe solid state interfaces.
Claire Donnelly 博士
- Following her MPhys at the University of Oxford, Claire went to Switzerland to carry out her PhD studies at the Paul Scherrer Institute and ETH Zurich. She was awarded her PhD in 2017 for her work on 3D systems, which was recognised by a number of prizes including the APS Richard Greene Dissertation Award, the Werner Meyer-Ilse Memorial Award, the ETH Medal, and the SPS Award for Computational Physics. After a postdoc at the ETH Zurich, she moved to the University of Cambridge and the Cavendish Laboratory as a Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellow, where she was awarded the L’Oreal For Women In Science Fellowship, and the European Magnetism Association Young Scientist Award. Since September 2021 she is a Lise Meitner Group Leader of Spin3D at the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids in Dresden, Germany.
Markus Münzenber 教授
- Markus Münzenberg leads a research group at the University of Greifswald and is Professor of Interface and Surface Physics. He completed his PhD thesis in the field of X-Ray Dichroism with experiments at the European Synchrotron Facilities in 2000. After a postdoc at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Cambridge, USA, in the field of spin transport under Jagadeesh S. Moodera, he has established a group in the field of femtosecond dynamics, magnonics and spintronics as a junior professor from 2002 to 2008 at the Georg-August University Göttingen, where was then employed as extraordinary professor until 2013. Since 2014 he is Professor at the University of Greifswald. In the last years he has opened new research fields in ultrafast magnetism, THz spintronics and novel THz emitters, and contributed to the emerging fields of magnonics and spin caloritronics. Recently he joined work on topological spin-textures (skyrmions) and bio-nanomechanics 3D laserlithography for medical applications.
- 2021年影响因子：3.409 Citescore：5.7
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics（JPhysD，《物理学报D：应用物理》）发表应用物理各领域的前沿研究和综述，具体包括：应用磁学和磁性材料、半导体和光子学、低温等离子体和等离子表面相互作用、凝聚态物理、表面科学和纳米结构、生物物理以及能源等六个领域。文章类型包括原创性论文、研究路线图、通讯以及每年针对热点研究的专题综述和特刊。