研讨会精选|MQT、JPhys Photonics、NCE期刊在线研讨会：More than Moore
为了探索摩尔定律时代之后的世界，IOP 出版社举办了一个名为“超越摩尔”（“More than Moore”）的在线研讨会，该研讨会探讨了一些可能在未来计算机中发挥作用的技术。本次研讨会中，每位学者首先概述了他们的研究以及对未来计算的看法，然后组成了专家小组进行讨论。
Steve Furber 教授
- Steve Furber, CBE FRS FREng is ICL professor of computer engineering in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Manchester, UK. After completing a BA in mathematics and a PhD in aerodynamics at the University of Cambridge, UK, he spent the 1980s at Acorn Computers, where he was a principal designer of the BBC Microcomputer and the ARM 32-bit RISC microprocessor. More than 250 bn ARM-powered chips have since been manufactured, powering much of the world’s mobile and embedded computing. He moved to the ICL chair at Manchester in 1990, where he leads research into asynchronous and low-power systems and, more recently, neural systems engineering, where the SpiNNaker project has delivered a computer incorporating a million ARM processors optimized for brain-modelling applications.
- Chaoran Huang, received a PhD from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, in 2016. She was a postdoctoral research fellow at Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA, from 2017 to 2021. She is currently an assistant professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She has broad research interests in optical computing, photonic integrated circuits, and optical communications. Her current research focuses on developing novel photonic devices, integrated circuits, and complementary algorithms for high-performance AI computing and information processing. She has published more than 50 papers, including Nature Electronics and Nature Communications. She has served as co-chair, TPC member of many international conferences, and the editorial board member of Communication Engineering in the Nature Portfolio. She was the recipient of the 2019 Rising Stars Women in Engineering Asia and the 2022 Optica 20th Anniversary Challenge Prize.
Bhavin J Shastri 助理教授
- Bhavin J Shastri is an assistant professor of engineering physics at Queen’s University and a faculty affiliate at the Vector Institute. He was an associate research scholar (2016–2018) and Banting and NSERC postdoctoral fellow (2012–2016) at Princeton University. He received a PhD in electrical engineering (photonics) from McGill University in 2012. He is a co-author of the book Neuromorphic Photonics, a term he helped coin. Shastri is the recipient of a 2022 iCANX Young Scientist Award, the 2022 SPIE Early Career Achievement Award, and the 2020 IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in Optics “for his pioneering contributions to neuromorphic photonics”. He is a Senior Member of Optica and IEEE.
- Renbao Liu got his BSc in 1995 from Nanjing University, Department of Physics and a PhD in 2000 from Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Science. After postdoctoral research in Center for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University and in Department of Physics, University of California – San Diego, he joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2005 as a faculty member of Department of Physics, where has been a full professor since 2014.
- Materials for Quantum Technology(MQT,量子技术材料）是一本全新的采用开放获取出版形式的多学科期刊，致力于出版量子技术和器件领域相关材料的开发和应用的前沿研究。期刊的内容范围将汇集学界与业界中来自材料科学、化学和工程的跨学科研究。具体领域包括：量子技术应用中材料和界面的制备与表征；混合量子系统材料；量子传感和计量材料；量子光学和光子学材料；量子比特系统的材料；用于量子计算和量子电子学的新型材料和设备；量子技术化学；量子技术应用新材料的理论和计算设计；量子材料的涌现特性及其应用。
- 2022年影响因子：3.8 Citescore: 7.2
- JPhys Photonics（JPPHOTON）是一本新出版的开放获取期刊，面向物理学中应用于光子学各个领域的高质量研究。期刊包含光子学研究中最重要和最激动人心的进展，着重关注跨学科和多学科的研究。涵盖领域包括：生物光子学和生物医学光学；能源和绿色技术应用，包括光伏；成像、检测和传感；光物质相互作用；光源，包括激光器和LED；纳米光子学；非线性和超快光学；光通信和光纤；光数据存储；光电子学、集成光学和半导体光子学；光子材料、超材料和工程结构；等离子体技术；传播，相互作用和行为；量子光子学和光学等。
- Neuromorphic Computing and Engineering（NCE）是一本涵盖多个学科领域、采用开放获取（OA）形式出版的期刊。NCE期刊将神经形态系统的硬件和计算方面结合在一起，读者群覆盖工程、材料科学、物理、化学、生物学、神经科学和计算机科学等领域，跨越学术界和产业界的各个群体。在NCE期刊上发表的研究需针对神经形态系统和人工神经网络领域做出及时而重要的贡献。